A genuine work of God may use money, but it is never dependent on money. It is dependent only on the power of the Holy Spirit. Where any work is dependent on money, it is not a genuine work of God.
Jesus’ ministry was dependent only on the Holy Spirit. He did accept gifts of money from His followers for His work (Luke 8:2, 3). But He never asked anyone at any time for money and He never made His financial needs known to anyone but His Father. This is the way that any ministry that honours God will work even today.
Jesus was the first physical “Body of Christ” on earth. Today we in the church are called the spiritual “Body of Christ”. And so we seek to follow the example that Jesus Himself set for us in the matter of finances, during His earthly life.
We will collect an offering during the Sunday service and other special meetings, for those who wish to give – secretly, cheerfully and voluntarily – for the work of the Lord. We have also offered food and accommodation freely always to all who attend our Sunday worship service, conferences and blessing meetings in different parts of India. All the members in our churchsupport themselves with earthly jobs (like the apostle Paul did) and none of them is supported financially by the churches. Our articles and audio and video messages on the Internet are also available for anyone in the world to read/hear/view freely. We have received everything freely from the Lord and we give it all out to others freely.
All of this ministry certainly requires a lot of money – and we don’t have any millionaires supporting our work in any of our churches. India may be a poor country, but we have sought the kingdom of God first – and God has supplied ALL our needs always. Therefore, we have never been in debt at any time since we commenced our ministry. We have never taken a bank loan or a mortgage for constructing any of our meeting halls. We do not judge other ministries who do things differently from us. But this is the way God has led us. We have sought to follow the example of Jesus Himself – the first “Body of Christ” on earth.
And so when people ask us whether they can give to support this ministry, we ask them to go through this checklist first:
1. Are you a born-again child of God? Do you agree with our doctrinal statement as given here: https://Elshaddai ministries. It is a great honour and privilege to support the work of God on earth; but that privilege is given only to His born-again children (3 John 7).
2. Do you have enough money for your family’s needs? Are you sure that your giving will not put your family under any financial strain? You must take care of your family’s needs first (See Mark 7:9-13 and 1 Tim.5:8). Our Father in heaven is very rich and He (like any rich earthly father) does not want any of His children to starve or suffer in any way, just because they gave Him money for His work.
3. Do you have any large debts to repay? If so, do clear those debts first. God wants His children to live restful lives, free from all debt. We must first give to Caesar what is his, before we can give anything to God, because God does not want us to give Him Caesar’s money, or anyone else’s money (Matt.22:21; Rom.13:8).(Note: A house-loan is not a “debt” (in the meaning in these verses), because the house is an asset that you posses that is equal in value to the loan taken. For the same reason, a vehicle-loan is also not a debt – provided the vehicle is insured for the value of the loan taken).
4. Do you have a clear conscience? Have you done your best to be reconciled with those whom you have hurt in any way? God will not accept any offering from anyone who has hurt someone and still not apologised to that person (Matt.5:23, 24)
5. Are you giving freely and cheerfully – and not under pressure from any man or even from your own conscience? God loves cheerful givers, not reluctant givers. He does not want gifts from those who give under pressure, or who give in order to fulfill some obligation, or who give merely to ease their conscience, or who give in order to get some reward from Him in return (2 Cor.9:7).
Please bear with us as you go through this checklist. We are seeking to follow the example and teaching of our Lord Jesus in financial matters.
Giving to El-Shaddai worship Sanctuary
After having carefully considered the above, if you still feel you should support this ministry, you can contribute in one of the following ways.
1.Personaly handing over the contribution receiving a receipt for the amount.
2.Sending a contribution by online Money Transfer
Sunday—Sunday worship service at 9.00am.
Conference—youth conference, family seminar and revival meetings.
Study series—Who am I in Christ Jesus.
Second coming of Jesus
5. Refund and cancellation…We will collect an offering during the Sunday service and other special meetings, for those who wish to give – secretly, cheerfully and voluntarily – for the work of the Lord.we will collect offering in the church service. People will give offering at their will.
6. About us…………….